As we dive into the new year, it’s essential to have a gardening plan, so you feel prepared come spring. Take these colder months, like January and February, to draw up a wish list and sketch out ideas. Below are some ideas to improve your garden or landscape. Each year, choose 3-5 goals from the list to complete; over time, you will have the garden of your dreams.
• Invest in a quality pruner.
• Grow vegetables.
• Build a compost bin.
• Try a new plant combination.
• Build a raised flower bed.
• Plant a tree.
• Test your soil.
• Plant flowers to coordinate with Pantone’s color of the year: Viva Magenta!
• Incorporate native plants in your landscape.
• Add a window box to your home.
• Transform a balcony or patio into a container garden.
• Grow pollinator-friendly plants.
• Add a rose bush or climbing rose on a trellis.
• Dine el fresco and enjoy nature’s best.
• Watch our watering video to learn how to hydrate your garden correctly.
• Add a berry-bearing tree or shrub to attract and feed the birds.
• Plant fall bulbs.
• Gift a friend your favorite plant.
• Garden with your kids or family members.
Connect with Us!
7200 S. Madison St.
Find us on: