Trees & Shrubs
Help avoid winter burn with these preventative measures:
• Water your Evergreens throughout the fall, giving plants much-needed access to moisture heading into the winter.
• Help prevent moisture loss in foliage by spraying an anti-transpirant spray (such as WiltPruf) on your Broadleaf Evergreens (rhododendron, holly, euonymus, and boxwood).
• Water your perennials in the fall, but don’t overdo it—they need less moisture as they shut down for the winter.
• Cut back most of your perennials, avoiding those that give winter interest, such as ornamental grasses.
• Mulch around the root area of most perennials to a depth of at least 2 inches.
• Water Shrub Roses until the first hard frost.
• Wait until the spring to prune or cut back Shrub Roses.
• Mulch around the base of the plants to a depth of 2 to 4 inches, extending past the plant’s width.
Hinsdale Nurseries is here to help you deck the halls (and everywhere else) this winter season. Mark your calendars because our Winter Greens are arriving on Tuesday, November 15th!
Create a masterpiece with the help of our container experts. This video will take you on a step-by-step journey to craft your own, and the nursery is equipped with all the supplies, greens, and accents you’ll need.
Don’t stop at containers! Our wide selection of cut greens, branches, berries, and accents helps transform window boxes and flower beds, too,
Not in the mood for DIY? We also offer custom containers through our Hinsdale Nurseries Maintenance Division. Limited styles are available to drop-in customers for cash and carry.
For more information, call 630-323-1411.
Connect with Us!
7200 S. Madison St.
Find us on: